Noktis | Published on Aug 28, 2022
New version of the Tchernobog mod v0.2.1b has been released and added to the download section.
#Tchernobog 0.2.1 - 0.2.1b
- Fixed various memory leaks and stability issues.
- Added 12 new unique rings (4 per fire/lightning/magic element - they have same names - it's possible to have a total positive roll of resistance pierce = ring boosts enemy resistance = useless!)
- Farnham's Bet (qlvl 10) - -1/+1% elemental resistance pierce 5 times.
- Farnham's Wager (qlvl 25) - -2/+2% elemental resistance pierce 5 times.
- Farnham's Venture (qlvl 40) - -3/+3% elemental resistance pierce 3 times, -4/+4% elemental resistance pierce 2 times.
- Farnham's Gamble (qlvl 60) - -5/+5% elemental resistance pierce 5 times.
- Added 6 new unique rings - they roll 5 affixes changing level of spells from certain spellbook pages (-5/+5 range)
- Dream of Sheen (qlvl 10) - -5/+5 to #1 page spell - rolls 5 times.
- Dream of Luster (qlvl 25) - -5/+5 to #2 page spell - rolls 5 times.
- Dream of Lucidity (qlvl 35) - -5/+5 to #3 page spell - rolls 5 times.
- Dream of Luminosity (qlvl 50) - -5/+5 to #4 page spell - rolls 5 times.
- Dream of Brilliance (qlvl 65) - -5/+5 to #5 page spell - rolls 5 times.
- Dream of Blood (qlvl 20) - -5/+5 to #6 page spell - rolls 5 times.
- Fixed Snotspill going invulnerable after leaving the level.
- Tweaked Elemental Fury colors (spellblade's skill).
- Reduce Charge (warrior skill) cooldown by 0.1 sec per skill level - base cooldown unchanged - 4.5 sec.
- Fixed some skill and cooldown/weapon type interactions:
- kills don't use mana/go on cooldown anymore if you don't meet the weapon requirements for them (Using charge with bow, using multishot with melee weapon etc.).
- Charge (and other skills if there are any) doesn't use mana if you cast it again when it's on cooldown.
- Fixed firewall/lightning wall dealing no damage if it spawned on monsters (center tile was an exception).
- Spellblade gains/loses 20 perfect balance stacks while unarmed.
- Element conversion (spellblade lvl 32 skill) now increases current (clvl / 3) and max (clvl / 10) resistance to chosen element.
- Riftwalker buff (the one you get after entering a rift) reduces rift's mana drain by 5% while active.
- Added a new special belt row - clicking in it changes the potion type that is allowed to go in - settings revert to default (empty slot = everything allowed) after restarting Tchernobog.
- Made shift + click respect belt's allowed types - earlier items always went to first free slot.
- Fix Decoy (assassin skill) randomly freezing the game.
- Fix Decoy not dying when player breaks stealth.
- Add displaying chance for monsters to break assassin's stealth below health bar (for assassin only).
- Allow Necromancer to use staff/scroll of healing with Blood Ritual active (only can't use healing SPELL).
- Play "I can't open this yet" sound when trying to interact with Lost Treasure chests before cooldown has expired.
- 3 new spellblade recipes (qlvl 20, low tier, ring, amulet, weapon).
- 3 new gem breakdown recipes - breaking a higher gem down produces 2 of lower tier:
- regular gem - qlvl 25.
- flawless gem - qlvl 35.
- perfect gem - qlvl 55.
Noktis | Published on Jul 25, 2022
New version of the Tchernobog mod v0.2.0g has been released and added to the download section.
- Fixed allowing 'V' letter in character names (it acted as pressing ESC and interrupted character creation before).
- Fixed a bunch of typos:
- Enlightment -> Enlightenment.
- Skill descriptions: Dreadfull -> Dreadful.
- Fix message boxes being off for freshly created characters or after changing resolution. (was only really noticeable for the message shown to new characters - press X for char info).
- Don't allow max HP to be lower than 1 while in town (prevents infinite death loop after equipping items that brought max HP to 0 and ruined character).
- Updated passives description for rogue/barbarian (press X).
- Fixed an issue while selecting character class by clicking on it.
- Fixed last menu entry not displaying while having more than 6 characters.
- Fixed scrolls not checking level requirement for appearing in speedbook and being used there.
- Display min/max affix rolls for magic/rare/crafted items while holding shift.
- Don't merge same affixes into one in crafted items (it prevented displaying a proper min/max value) - this won't affect old crafted items, only new.
Noktis | Published on Aug 15, 2021
New version of the Tchernobog mod v0.2.0f has been released and added to the download section.
- All summons should display their stats accurately now - armor / level / resists
- Golem updated stats formulas:
- resists: 20 + spell level * 5 - caps at 75 (80 if spell level 15+)
- armor: 50 + spell level * 10 + difficulty bonus
- bonuses from difficulty:
- nightmare: 90
- hell: 160
- torment: 300
- golem level previously was always set to 1, now it's equal to caster's. Which means golem should get hit less and hit more often!
- Decoy inherits player's resistances
- Made spellpower boost golem / and necro zombies/skeletons - who knows, maybe some max mana max spellpower golem build is torment viable now :)
- Spellpower boost for zombies/skeletons doesn't include bonuses from stats (with vit bonus to hp being an exception - it does benefit from spellpower)
- Updated golem spell description - it doesn't benefit from magic, but from mana
- Added description for warrior's forge mastery skill
- Increase timeout duration (from 5 to 20 seconds) - hopefully this will prevent being dropped because of having a lot of items in stash
- Adjusted assassin's magic casting speed to match fire and lightning spells (casting will be slower)
- Fixed a bug where you had to restart game after respec for spellbooks magic requirements to be recalculated properly
- Fixed a bunch of typos
- Frality -> Frailty
- Enchanted shrine: loosing -> losing
- Help panel: When and item -> When an item
- Unique: Eaglerhorn -> Eaglehorn, Goreshowel -> Goreshovel
- Skills: Etheralize -> Etherealize
- Display info about X hotkey for level 1 characters
- Fixed a bug where scavengers awarded no xp if killed while they were eating a corpse
- Items with durability decreased by hidden shrine can't have current durability greater than max anymore
- Increased max shop sell item price - 25k base + 25k per difficulty
- Added /roll command for rolling a 0-99 number
- Allowed going to previous screen with ESC during character name selection or multiplayer IP screen
Noktis | Published on Jan 24, 2021
New version of the Tchernobog mod v0.2.0b containing new Character Class - SpellBlade has been released and added to the download section.
Note: Character wipe! Old ones won't work!
Tchernobog v0.2.0e was released
Noktis | Published on Dec 1, 2020
New version of the Tchernobog mod v0.1.6g has been released and added to the download section.
#Tchernobog 0.1.6d - 0.1.6g
- MOVED SAVES FROM C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\Diablo 1 Tchernobog TO GAME FOLDER!
RELOCATE THEM IF YOU WANT TO KEEP USING THEM! NO WIPE YET! JUST CHANGED SAVE LOCATION!
- Fixed the "ZeroTier detected" message - now it should only appear when it detects ZeroTier, not ALWAYS like before.
- Added support for "patch_rt.mpq" - you can add japanese voice pack or other memes.
- Animated mana/heath orbs - settings for them in config.txt
Orb animation created by https://www.instagram.com/nikolaypopovz/
- Updated game libraries to the latest version.
- Added a timestamp to crash memory dumps.
- Allowed accessing player level/character class and info if item is identified or not to loot filters (replace your lootFilter/global.lua with new one).
- Added "/respec" command - YES! Stat respec! But it's not free, resets ALL spells to level 0 too.
- Assassin's damage bonus for having one hand free increases from 25% to 125%.
- Golem doesn't open doors anymore.
- Fully restore hp/mana after restarting in town.
- Buffed hoarder's loot a bit
- if books are the loot (25% chance), then there's 10% chance to drop a recipe instead of a book - applies to multiple books!
- qlvl of other items dropped by hoarders is increased by 3
- disable casting lvl 0 spells.
- show map's qlvl in top right corner - map qlvl is used for generating items from chests/racks.
- reset hotkeys on respec.
- reset hotkey if a spell reaches lvl 0.
- add showing qlvl to set/unique items while holding shift.
- explanation to item generation qlvl formula:
- the input to the formula is map qlvl for chests/racks or monster qlvl for monsters.
- min value is (qlvl / 3) - 10; - the division is rounded down.
- min value is forced to be in 1-25 range.
- max value is qlvl.
- max value is forced to be above or equal to 6.
- the qlvl of the final item is a random value between min and max.
- an example for lvl 133 monster.
- min = (133 / 3) - 10 = 44.33 - 10 = 34.33 - rounded down = 34.
- 34 exceeds the min qlvl range (1-25) so it gets reduced to 25.
- max qlvl is 133.
- items can have qlvl in 25-133 range
That way you can figure out what's the min monster lvl that can drop the unique/set item you want..
- fix assassin damage bonus (was only on character sheet earlier), now it works properly
- move map qlvl label from top right corner to top left - after map name
- move "restart in town" menu option to top of the menu to avoid accidentally pressing "new game"
Noktis | Published on Aug 18, 2019
New version of the Tchernobog mod v0.1.6c has been released and added to the download section.
Tchernobog version 0.1.6 - 0.1.6c
- Disabled trading - it could cause crashes or even corrupt character!
- Added keeping all backups of characters - if something goes wrong, you always have a copy!
- Added displaying a timer on online list - now you know when the list is going to refresh.
- Added displaying "EMPTY" if the list is empty. Yes, it works, it's just empty.
- Internal code cleanups - memory leaks.
- Added displaying "ZeroTier detected " message below IP if ZeroTier IP is available.
- Critical hotfix for characters getting corrupted in 0.1.6!
- Floating numbers.
- Fixed some crashes in rendering.
- Revived Gargoyles now properly follow the owner.
- Revived Gargoyles don't flee anymore when injured.
- Revived Gargoyles do not enter stone form anymore.
- Revived Gargoyles no longer play "exit stone form" animation when acquiring their first target.
- Raise Zombie skill description updated.
- Raise Skeleton skill description updated.
- Revive skill description updated.
- Added an option to turn floating numbers on/off (off by default).
Noktis | Published on May 8, 2019
New version of the Tchernobog mod v0.1.5f has been released and added to the download section.
Tchernobog version 0.1.5a - 0.1.5f
- Can't join your own games anymore.
- Added missing tier/class description to "Warrior's weapon" recipe
- New boss modifier - "Hoarder" - randomly chooses 1 out of 4 loot types for his loot - rings/books/weapons/armors. If books are chosen, he has increased chance to drop recipes.
- New boss modifier - "Sage" - killing it grants all players bonus 50% experience for 5 minutes (Experience shrine effect)
- New boss modifier - "Highborn" - increased level by 20%
- "Greedy" monsters will have a green halo
- "Sage" monsters will have a light-blue halo
- "Hoarder" monsters will have an orange halo
- "Highborn" monsters will have a yellow halo
- Added new unique monsters - be the first one to find them!
- Greedy affix works as behemoth + mastery combined in terms of monster power (Be afraid!)
- Dead revived were sometimes highlighted in green - fixed
- Summoned minions have different leash distances depending on dungeon type
- Item outline color matches the label color
- Outline colors have been made less transparent
- Option to disable highlighting outlines of all items while seeing all labels (holding alt or pressed ctrl)
- Added missing tier/class description to Harbinger's Ring recipe.
- Disabled exe optimizations - this increases exe size to ~5mb and it might run a bit slower than before - optimizations will be turned on again when known crashes get fixed
- Added option to disable highlighting corpses for necromancer
- Highlighting corpses and minions settings aren't saved in the character like other settings. They always reset to true after game restart. Anything else would result in corrupting existing characters.
- Almost fully fixed revived scavengers attacking empty tile (still needs some work)
- Minions that belong to other players are also displayed ignoring line of sight.
- Players can see games from all versions on online list. However you can only connect to the same version as yours.
- Inactive games are marked with "*" from the left side. Games with a version that doesn't match with yours will be marked with "*" from the right side.
- *<IP> = inactive game
- *<IP>* - inactive game that didn't match your version
- <IP>* - an active game that doesn't match your version
- <IP> - an active game that matches your version
- Fixing online list in game after changing Tchernobog's ZeroTier network.
- Some crashes will generate CRITICAL_ERROR_CONTACT_QNDEL.txt file. You know what to do with it.
- Fixed a crash caused by pasting pictures/other weird data into chat
- Bigger crash logs (200~mb), please compress with zip or winrar and upload to some website (For example: https://uploadfiles.io/) and send to Qndel!
- Drawing living monsters is prioritized over drawing dead monsters (Should fix invisible monsters)
- Unfreeze on death
- Insanity gets removed on death
- Unfreeze on changing levels
- Improving crash logs
- Fixed showing uptime on online list
- Games considered inactive will be marked with "*" on the list (happens if a game doesn't answer in 30 seconds)
- Hopefully fixed a random crash while joining games
- Additional recipe info should be displayed on recipes too, not only in crafting menu.
Noktis | Published on May 4, 2019
New version of the Tchernobog mod v0.1.5 has been released and added to the download section.
Tchernobog version 0.1.4 - 0.1.5
- 32bit/Windows XP support
- Online game list - shows active games in ZeroTier Tchernobog network.
- Generating crash logs - Whenever the game crashes, TCHERNOBOGCRASHLOG-(version name).dmp file will be created in tchernobog folder. Send it to Qndel!
- Monster level was showing wrong values before - fixed
- Reduced monster hp gain in multiplayer from 200% per player to 120% - this wasn't working - fixed
- Fixed crash with necromancers leaving the game
- Fixed a bug with golem highlighting corpses
- Minions are always visible (ignoring line of sight)
- Fixed a bug with lowering monster levels for 1 player
- Renamed espandon to espadon (Apparently espandon is an item in diablo 2, but the real life sword was called espadon, so I'll go with that)
- Fixed long swords and claymores upgrading into wrong item types (As a side effect of this fix, all existing espadons will turn into battle swords and battle swords into espadons)
- Fixed blocking arrows and spells (Didn't block any damage before)
- Fixed displaying incorrect magic find values on player list before a player loaded in game
- Shortened class names in player list to prevent mute/hostile buttons from covering magic find
- Added tier and recommended class to recipe names
- Added 5 new recipes - qlvls 86,88,90,92,94.
- Number of players increases monster levels (and therefore the max qlvl of items they can drop) - every additional player increases the level by 5%.
- Fix for cutscenes freezing the game - if you are one of the few people that get that bug, ask the host to turn the movies off.
- Trang-Oul set renamed to Trag'Oul
- Corpse explosion removes corpses
- Whenever necromancer equips a skill that uses corpses, corpses on screen will get highlighted
- Only highlights corpses that your current skill can use
- Highlighting friendly minions
- Trag'Oul's helm now gives hit points instead of mana
- Reduced monster hp gain in multiplayer from 200% per player to 120%
- Increased bonus items in multiplayer from 0.1 per player to 0.33 per player
- Ability to turn highlighting minions on or off in the settings
- Raise Zombie changed:
- Spell base duration increased to 75 seconds (it was 60)
- Zombies max quantity raised to 15 [as it was in Belzebub]
- Zombies gain extra damage via character's strength
- Zombies gain extra to hit via character's dexterity
- Zombies gain extra armor class via character's dexterity
- Revive skill design changed:
- Revived max quantity raised to 15 [as it was in Belzebub]
- Revived gain extra damage bonus via character's strength
- Revived gain extra to hit bonus via character's dexterity
- Revived are now full minions and follow you through the levels
- Revived Normal monsters are revived permanently
- Revived Champion monsters remain timed
- Revived Champion monsters duration is affected by both character level and character's vitality
- Revived target scan redesigned so that they won't wander the whole level in search of target but rather stay with you.
- Raise Skeleton changed:
- Skeletons max quantity raised to 15 [as it was in Belzebub]
- Skeletons now gain extra min-max damage via character's strength
- Skeletons now gain extra Armor Class and To Hit via character's dexterity
- Necromancer Zombies, Skeletons and Revived will no longer teleport to you when you cast phasing and teleport. They will, however, warp to you when they are too far.
- Revived monsters gain resistance penetration - 1 resistance per 10 magic.
- Added the ability to change displayed names/colors to loot filters
- Minor fix for hidden shrine
- Moved loot filter files to /lootFilter folder
- Added 1 second cooldown between LUA messages to prevent spamming and locking the game
- Renamed rejuvanation -> rejuvenation
- lootFilter.lua - ability to decide which loot gets shown - press V to disable loot filter, press V again to enable it.
- Loot filter is enabled by default but contains 0 filters. Info how to add custom filters and enable the default ones is available in lootFilter.lua
- Fixed wrong lightning resist shrine description
- Fixed MF on player list - it only displays MF of the players on the same level
- Fixed lightning enchanted monsters spawning charged bolts in 8 directions but player seeing only south wave.
- Added displaying monster level above health bar - it indicates the max possible loot qlvl.
- To check qlvl of items, check https://mod.diablo.noktis.pl and unique/set items (There might be slight differences between the website and Tchernobog)
- OR use Technoborg bot on discord - his data is always up to date.
- New Boss modifier - greedy - monster drops additional 3 items and all items are dropped with magic find increased by 1000.
- It also increases monster's armor and health like behemoth modifier.
- Tweaked minimap zooming in/out (+/- on numeric keypad, use arrows to move it) - The map can be made smaller than before.
- Hidden shrine fixed (Used to increase current durability of all items - now it increases max durability of all items by 5 while decreasing max durability of a random item by 5)
Noktis | Published on Apr 15, 2019
New version of the Tchernobog mod v0.1.3d has been released and added to the download section.
Tchernobog version 0.1.3b - 0.1.3d
- Disabled gold drop on death
- Lost treasure chests can only be opened after 5 min in game.
- Magic find is shown on player list.
- Aldur's Rythm -> Aldur's Rhythm.
- Fixed Aldur's set transformation's attack speed. (Goatman's attack speed was much slower than player's).
- Aldur's set attack speed with bow is a bit faster than rogue's (fastest bow attacker) and with mace is a little bit faster than barbarian's (fastest club attacker)
- Internal code cleanups.
- Renamed: Archanid Mesh -> Arachnid Mesh, Vizierei Wisdom -> Vizjerei Wisdom, Greyscull set -> Greyskull, "addonational" -> "additional" in experience shrine.
- Elemental damage on melee/ranged weapons can now crit.
- DPS on character sheet now shows correct values. (Thanks to adding crit to elemental damage).
- Raise Zombie's base life span increased from 16 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Zombies now follow you through rooms and levels.
- A way to list active tchernobog games on discord (See #zerotier-network on discord) https://discord.gg/82BaSAP
- Upgraded discord online list (Shows number of players in game / difficulty / player name / class / level).